Below are some new ways to style the sweater dress. What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
By adding a crisp white shirt under the dress creates a new way to show off the sweater dress. Perfect for the office with a low boot, opaque tights and a bling bracelet.
(1) Slim stretch shirt, $59.50, J. Crew (2) Ribbed cowlneck sweater dress, $89.50, Banana Republic (3) Audrey Slim Triangle Briefcase, $235, Lodis (4) Beaded stretch bracelet, $26.50, Express (5) Opaque Tights, $12, Urban Outfitters (6) Bertek Zipper & Buckle Short Boots, $139, Enzo Angiolini (Lord & Taylor)
A perfect outfit, complete with a glam long necklace and tall boots, when running from the office to the bar. The monochromatic nature of this outfit establishes a professional, yet still sexy, look.
(1) Multi-chain leaf necklace, $48, Banana Republic (2) Italian merino sweater dress, $110, Banana Republic (3) Campo bag, $298, J. Crew (4) Sheer Tights, $12, Urban Outfitters (5) Shanti Boot, $298, Via Spiga
For a casual look, try pairing the sweater dress with capri tights and flats. Easy, comfy and stylish.
(1) Cropped knit legging, $28, Banana Republic (2) Crochet Lurex Sweater Tunic, $68, Arden B. (3) Silver Long Belcher Charm Necklace, $198, Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti (4) Calvin, $83, DV by Dolce Vita
By simply adding some accessories, the simple sweater dress creates a dramatic and fashionable statement. Dark leggings and shoes melt away into the background and help keep the focus on the dress and its statement accessories.
(1) Garnet Flower Pin, $25, White House Black Market (2) Tucking Sweater Dress, $128, Guess (3) Wide equestrian belt, $60, Banana Republic (4) Trinitie Pump, $79.95, Steve Madden (5) Mini Rib Tight, $14, Urban Outfitters
For a night out, leave the leggings at home and, instead, grab a fun clutch and large earrings.
(1) Rattan Frame Clutch, $379, Rafe (2) Cowl-Neck Sweater Dresses, $36.50, Old Navy (3) Tinsel Earrings, $575, Eddie Borgo (Barney’s) (4) Carrilena, $98.95, Guess