The plain old t-shirt just got a boost. No longer is a t-shirt reserved for those lazy weekends, to be worn with slouchy jeans and flip flops. The new t-shirt is still just as comfy, but now also carries an air of chic.
Now when selecting a t-shirt to mix into your wardrobe, do not go with the two-sizes-too-big promotional tee you got at the Taste of Chicago last summer. Instead, pick a more fitted tee with a splash of color or a fun print/embroidery.
Here are some ideas on how to pair your t-shirt with skirts, jeans and even suits.
(1) Ruffled Celosia cardigan, $98, J. Crew (2) Midnight tweed mini, $98, J. Crew (3) Textured jersey bouquet tee, $36.50, J. Crew (4) Bertek Zipper & Buckle Short Boots, $139, Enzo Angiolini (5) Pearl Cluster Bracelet, $40, Ann Taylor
(1) Slub cotton beaded Florence tee, $52, J. Crew (2) Dream varsity stripe cardigan, $88, J. Crew (3) Amaya pump, $97.95, LAUREN Ralph Lauren (4) Clean Cut Mini Skirt, $59.50, The Limited (5) Mia north-south tote, $275, Hype
(1) Tissue boyfriend V-neck tee, $29.50, J. Crew (2) Classic wool cardigan, $49.50, Gap (3) Pave Ball Necklace, $55, Ann Taylor (4) Waxed Tote Bag, $260, Martin+Osa (5) Wool twill studio trouser, $138, J. Crew
(1) Pure body V-neck T, $16.50, Gap (2) Colorblock cardigan, $78, J. Crew (3) Belle fleur mirror ballet flats, $258, J. Crew (4) Felted-wool bistro mini, $88, J. Crew (5) Pearl and Pave Cluster Necklace, $80, Ann Taylor
(1) Super 120s two-button jacket, $230, J. Crew (2) Textured jersey ribboned collier tee, $49.50, J. Crew (3) Brenda 2 Pump, $69.99, Jessica Simpson (4) Favorite-fit Super 120s Durham pant, $135, J. Crew (5) Mixed Media Dome Satchel, $450, L.A.M.B.
(1) Cropped-sleeve long cardigan, $69.50, Gap (2) Tissue stone necklace tee, $125, J. Crew (3) Celine Pump, $167.99, Report Signature (4) Hip-slung flare leg denim trousers, $59.50, Gap (5) Kirra Dakota Basketweave Bag, $29.50, PacSun