4.26.2010

Room inspired by pillows


West Elm has partnered with the designers behind PATCH NYC to provide a collection of pillows, wall art and ceramic plates.  The designers, John Ross and Don Carney, founded PATCH NYC in 1997 and specialize in scarves, jewelry and some house items (such as pillows and throws).  While reviewing their West Elm PATCH NYC collection, I really loved the assortment of pillows - they all blend together but are definitely not "matchy-matchy."  See the image below of the pillows - I added a bar of what colors were used...


After seeing the "cool, calm and collected" color scheme, I decided to design a room, using the pillows are my inspiration.  Here is what I came up with (click on the image to enlarge it):

(1) Chunky Wood Floor Mirror, $399, West Elm (2) Ripple Fold Drapery, Willow, $421, The Shade Store (3) Gallery 8x10 Frame, $39.95, cb2 (4) Adjustable Metal Floor Lamp, $149, West Elm (5) Keller Vase, $89.95, Crate and Barrel (6) Baxter Sectional, $1,298, West Elm (7) PATCH NYC Pillow Covers, $34 (each), West Elm (8) Tusk Vases, $94.90, cb2 (9) Leather Slipper Chair and Ottoman, $598, West Elm (10) Whistle Organic Cotton Blanket, $49.95, cb2 (11) Peekaboo Clear Coffee Table, $249, cb2 (12) Black Patent Tray, $29.99, Target (13) Shell Ball, $10, Etsy (14) Safari 8X10 Rug, $549, West Elm

Lovely!  I could see myself chillaxing in a living room like this. 

And I think I'm also going to enter this into my first Mood Board Monday (go there to see other rooms using the West Elm PATCH NYC collection). 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to have lots of pillows on the couch and on the bed. Creates very comfortable look.

Kate said...

I just love the whole room. Simply.Fab.

Sarah @ Dream in Domestic said...

I love the very serene color scheme with the dark floors. The pillows work very well with everything - it seems so relaxing!

Bananas and Damask Interiors said...

This is a great room. I love the tones you used. I love dark flooring! And so original to go with the gray furniture. Such a unique neutral...love it. I love the mirror and natural elements used in your accessorizing!

Sarah said...

Hi, DG!!! Nice to meet you:) So glad you decided to join Mood Board Monday today...especially because this room is so beautiful, totally right up my ally!! Gray and green are pretty much my 2 favorite colors, so you got me there!!! I love all the white in this space, it keeps the whole thing very airy and fresh, even though you also have a lot of medium to dark tones. Such a great layering of subtle color and texture, I feel like you really thought about each and every piece in here and how they would work together. Loving it all on the dark hardwood floors! Thanks again so much for playing:)

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love this room! Looks fantastic! Love the huge mirror and the chair and ottoman! Those are such classic pieces that the pillows bring such a fun whimsy to when brought together!

tpurk said...

I never thought of including flooring and I love that idea. You've made such a calm and sophisticated, timeless room. Those pillows sure work in lots of room styles!
Terrie @ Your Decorating Hotline

DG said...

Thank you everyone so much for the compliments!! It's nice to meet you all as well - can't wait to check out YOUR blogs :)

Susan/Project Balancing Act said...

Hello! I'm a follower now. :) Nice to see a new blog. I'm outside of Chicago, too.

I love the slipper chair and ottoman- I didn't know West Elm has those. And I'm a big fan of leaning mirrors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...