I am starting to see leaves on the ground. That means, there are new trends in the stores!
This fall, designers have been paying lots of attention to fabrics and textures. From smooth and tough motorcycle leather jackets to soft and playful leopard print flats to warm and furry jackets.
I picked out the top four trends and worked them into every day outfits that you probably already wear. Remember, trends come and go and can end up costing a fortune! However, using your existing wardrobe and adding/removing trendy pieces can be very affordable and stylish.
1. Bears, tigers and... LEOPARD PRINT! Nope, it's not leaving. In fact, it's expanding to belts, shoes and purses. Please avoid wearing a huge leopard piece that covers more than 50% of your body (like a dress or a long jacket). Use it sparingly for best results!
(1) Magenta & Black Bangle Set, $8, Wet Seal (2) Always skinny jeans (saturated dark wash), $69.50, Gap (3) Satin Leopard Tunic, $19.80, Forever 21 (4) Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Ukita Hobo, $398, Von Maur (5) Sandra Convertible Boots, $257, Shopbop.com
2. That in-between-weather is perfect for SLEEVELESS SWEATERS. Layer it with a long or short sleeve shirt for best results. It keeps you looking fall-ish without making you sweat!
(1) Calvin Klein Jeans Cowl Neck Vest, $69.50, Nordstrom (2) Short Linked Leaf Necklace, $10.11, Asos.com (3) Perfect-fit ruffled scoopneck tee, $34.50, J. Crew (4) Drew Plainweave Flare Pant, $69.50, The Limited (5) Martinez Valero Blaine, $143, Zappos.com
3. If you invested in FAUX FUR last fall, good call! It's still a big trend and looking more chic than ever. Revamp your faux fur jacket/sweater by adding a belt or wearing it with a dress.
(1) Kenneth Jay Lane Earrings, $67.39, Bluefly.com (2) TECLA L/S DRESS, $159, Miss Sixty (3) Faux Fur Vest, $98, LOFT (4) Argyle Sweater Tights, $18, Bare Necessities (5) Seychelles 'Bismuth' Bootie, $119.95, Nordstrom
4. Always stylish and very practical LEATHER has always been a sound investment. This trend is very versatile and can range from a hardcore motorcycle jacket to a subtle brown pair of boots. Want to try "leather rock"? Look for leather pieces that use hardware and metal finishes, such as the skirt below, which uses metal stud embellishments.
(1) Cotton Cashmere Wrap Sweater, $58, Victoria’s Secret (2) French cuff shirt, $59.50, Banana Republic (3) Tahari Foster, $129, Piperlime (4) Studded Leather Miniskirt, $595, Neiman Marcus(5) Irene Neuwirth Chrysoprase Earrings, $4,580.00, Barney’s New York