6.28.2012

TV Wall

Although I am not yet ready to reveal my living room, I'm going to give you a sneak peak of my TV wall.

To set the mood... my living room has been completely re-modeled (you can see a before shot in this past post).  The carpet was torn out and replaced with Brazilian Cherry hardwood.  The room was painted in shades of grey, as a continuation from the entry/ hallway.  Crown molding and extra tall base boards were added and all of the trim has been painted white.

I opted to make the TV wall the focal point of the room (instead of the fireplace... for now).  The entire living room is painted in Behr's Gray Timber Wolf, however, for the accent wall, I went with a darker Behr Dark Granite.  Since it's such a large, uninterrupted wall in the room, I wanted to add a little "something-something" to the darkness.  After Pinteresting for hours, I really fell in love with an all-over stenciling idea.  I decided to go with a more subtle approach, so I bought the same Dark Granite paint, but in a high gloss finish.  I then found this Rabat stencil (gorgeous!) and started the 2-day process of transforming my focal wall (so glad I did not have to do the entire room).



The end result is... well, FABULOUS!
No one can walk past the wall without touching it :)

When it's dark, the stencil is hardly visible (see how it fades into the darkness in the photo below?).  However, when the light hits the high gloss finish, the reflection of the all-over print suddenly appears.  Subtle...yet definitely dramatic.



Side note: the chairs are facing the sectional on the other side of the room.  TV watching is saved for the couch.  The chairs are used when entertaining, as they create a circular social setting in the living room.  Cowhide rug still to come!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...