8.23.2012

Front Door Update

I was looking around my entry and noticed that, although it’s nice, open and airy, it’s just a bit too... monotonous.   This is caused by several factors: too many doors in a small area (entry, garage, closet, powder room), no large wall for hanging colorful art, no real corner for an entry table or out-of-the-way space for placing some large decoration to break up the gray/ white motif.


As I walked around my entry, I walked into the dining space, which consists of a glass table and a built-in bench with gray seat cushions and coral pillows.  Coral, huh?



Yes, I like it.  It's the exact vibrant color that is missing from my entry.... so I took some left over fabric from the pillows and got a quart of color-matched paint.


And then, we painted... the interior side of my front door!  The risky move definitely paid off.  It also helps that my front door has a glass window with white trim that breaks up the bold statement.  Love!

 
 

Every time my eye catches the coral door from the kitchen or the living room, my lips curl in a cute tiny smile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...